Will sheds light on our common misconceptions of the Christmas story.
Thanks so much for joining us!
RESOURCES FOR ACTION – ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS:
- Advent Conspiracy: A creative movement to urge Christians to live out the revolutionary, world-changing love of Christ’s birth with many great practical ideas and examples of churches and groups living Christmas differently. www.adventconspiracy.org
- Pennsylvania Peace and Justice Resources, a faith-based public policy group, offers reflections and ideas for celebrating Christmas with a commitment to charity, justice, and care for others. www.ppjr.org/altchrst
- “Whose Birthday Is It, Anyway?” Alternatives for Simple Living is a Christian organization that seeks to equip people of faith to challenge consumerism and live justly. www.simpleliving.org
- Buy Nothing Christmas is an initiative to offer a prophetic “no” to over-consumption by middle-class North Americans, inviting them to join a movement to de-commercialize Christmas and re-design a Christian lifestyle that is richer in meaning, smaller in impact upon the earth, and greater in giving to people less-privileged. www.buynothingchristmas.org.
- The 55th Annual Nazareth to Bethlehem (Pennsylvania) Christmas Peace Pilgrimage, Saturday, December 12, 2012. A public witness to the nonviolent life of Christ. www.peacewalk.org.
- The annual Holy Innocents Faith and Resistance retreat in Washington, D.C. (December 28). Gathering for prayer, reflection and nonviolent witness to commemorate the slaughter of the Holy Innocents–past and present–and to proclaim hope for a world of nonviolence, peace and justice. http://dccatholicworker.wordpress.com
Merry Christmas, everyone. Who will be your Savior?