As light shines in the darkness, this is truly an amazing time to be alive! I couldn’t be more excited about all that is going on in the Red Letter Christians movement and all that 2020 holds for us. It really feels like we have been uniquely formed by the Spirit for such a time as this.
To help guide us in this work is the immensely gifted Elaina Ramsey, our new Interim Executive Director, starting February 1st.
Elaina has served as the editor of RLC for several years, taking on new responsibilities each year. We are thrilled to have the talented Britney Winn Lee taking over as our new editor. And we are grateful beyond words for the three years of dedicated work from Don Golden who is passing the baton to Elaina. Don has played a massive role in helping RLC become more sustainable and will continue to be a key leader within our network.
Here are a few other important things we want you to know about:
- We launched into the new year with a statement opposing the escalation of violence in Iran, now signed by dozens of faith leaders around the country, representing thousands of Christians of all stripes. Alongside many of you, we helped facilitate and connect vigils around the country as the drums of war began to beat. Thankfully, things seem to have cooled down for now.
- We’ve added a bunch of new authors, artists, and speakers to our Leaders Network. We are pumped to keep widening the circle, going beyond “the usual suspects,” to build a movement that is as diverse and as beautiful as the kingdom of God.
- We’ve also continued to build momentum around our call for the removal of Trump from office, which has now gathered thousands of signatures and a lot of national attention.
- One of the most exciting things we’ve done in the wake of all the buzz is create a new section of our website featuring our “Co-Conspirators” — listing some of the amazing organizations we are so proud to stand alongside in this movement to build a better world. We’ll keep adding new partners each month.
- Finally, you may have seen the profile in The Washington Post Magazine that featured our work. (I could have done without the glamour shots and really wanted them to use some of our photos from our revivals and protests, but alas I lost that battle.) It has created a really powerful surge of energy and interest in RLC!
We know the months ahead are going to be wild, and we want to take good care of each other. Please spread the word about RLC, so that people can continue to find a home among us.
We also want to be good shepherds of this movement as we seek to change the narrative of what Christians care about. Prayerfully consider giving a one-time gift or a monthly contribution of $5-$500 to sustain our collective work.
This is your community, movement, and platform. Together, we exist to glorify Jesus and to amplify the voices of his revolution.
We will be in touch regularly in the days to come. Keep shining in the darkness. And keep leaving off the fragrance of Jesus amidst the funk.