- Go for a ride in the Pope-mobile (he comes to Philly in September). I’d settle for a hug from Francis, but would really like to jump in a fire hydrant on Potter Street with him.
- End the death penalty. (This may be a 3-year goal)
- Support friends in Ferguson and NY as they write a book… sort of theological memoirs of the movement.
- Publish my newest book (coming out in a year or so)—tentatively titled “Executing Grace”.
- Pray a lot. Hopefully focusing on prayer 3 times a day. Or 2. Ok, at least once a day. And do my best to “pray without ceasing”.
- Hoping 2015 is a year with fewer people killed. Would love to stop all killing but that may also be a longer-term goal. For 2015, I hope for…
- Less people killed by police.
- Less police killed by people.
- Less people killed in general (we can do better than 10, 000 gun deaths a year in the US)
- In 2015, I’d like to see more folks fall in love with Jesus, get baptized, and become filled with the Holy Spirit! And join a local parish. Hallelujah!
- Run 5 miles at least once a week. And 10 miles every once in a while.
- See one of our Simple Way scholars graduate from Eastern University!
… and see another kid from the neighborhood go to college at Eastern.
…and see another university provide full-tuition scholarships for our incredible Kensington youth.
- Raise someone from the dead. (I’d settle for any little miracle.)
- Go to jail if necessary – but only for something nonviolent, virtuous, and faith-filled.
- End all war. But I’d settle for stopping the drone center planned to open in Horsham, PA (or any of the other 140+ tentative bases being set up to operate military drones and remote controlled killing devices).
- Live off of 10% of our income, and support lots of great work around the world.
- Expand our urban homestead.
- Raise chickens in the abandoned lot behind us.
- Get honey bees for our roof.
- Get a pig (for my neighbor’s yard ; )
- Maybe have a baby? Or adopt one? Or just be the best mentor I can to the kids already a part of our family.
There you go.15 hopes for 2015. Hope it is a year filled with love and holy mischief.